M.F.R.S CODE OF CONDUCT - updated June 2022
- I understand that being near horses and riding at any standard, has an inherent risk and that all horses may react unpredictably on occasions.
- I may fall off and could be injured. I accept that risk.
- I understand that instructions are given to protect health, safety and welfare of clients, staff, the public and the horses. I agree to follow instructions given to me by staff and instructors while onsite and/or under their supervision.
- I understand that the establishment will make decisions based on information I give them and agree to always be honest and volunteer information about, my height, weight, abilities, riding experience and any previous riding accidents. Any medical condition(s) which may affect my ability to ride and ongoing changes to my condition(s) and medication (including possible side effects). WE HAVE A STRICT WEIGHT LIMIT ON THE HORSES. Please do not embarrass us by entering false information as we may ask you to weigh on our scales. Please be mindful that the horses carry
- I reserve the right not to ride or interact with a horse allocated to me and may request a change of instructor.
- I agree to wear a secured riding hat with the current appropriate safety standard which can be found on https://www.bhs.org.uk/~/media/documents/safety/2020/2020-bhs-international-approvals-hat-guide-v1.ashx?la=en (hats can be hired but we recommend having your own as soon as possible)
- I must wear appropriate footwear which must be a boot with a smooth sole and a small heel. (Boot hire is available) Riding tops must cover the shoulders and legs must be fully covered.
- I understand that body protector may reduce the severity of an injury should an accident happen.
- I understand that children are at particular risk around horses and agree that I will keep children that I am responsible for under close supervision when they are not under the supervision of an instructor.
- Visitor’s dogs are NOT permitted on site unless by arrangement.
- I understand that the establishment may refuse my request to ride or participate in any activity for safety or operational reasons.
- I understand that Jumping carries enhanced risk over and above general riding and agree that if I choose to participate in any competition or event, it is up to me to ensure that I have the experience and ability to ride the course including any jumps which form part of it.
- Details of injuries requiring professional medical attention should be reported to the proprietors as soon as possible. All accidents are to be recorded at the time on the online system.
- If less than 24 hours notice is given you will not be refunded.
- Video recording is prohibited unless consent is given on the day. (this is to protect other clients, helpers and staff who may not have given consent)